Had to attend a school function tonight for my son. I now have the following advice on awards ceremonies.
- Keep it short. Especially on a school/work night.
- Forget dinner, just get to the awards and cake.
- Have an emcee to keep you on track if you’re not good at it.
- Have everything organized and ready to go. Get the freshman to help.
- The video could be half or one-quarter as long and we’d all be just as happy. Happier even.
- Ditto with the slide show.
- Keep it short. It’s a freaking school/work night!
Pingback: A good rant is worth a thousand words | Talk to the Human™