Guess which house belongs to the writer?
If you haven't seen it yet, check out The Twelve Tips on Queries (instead of the 12 Days of Christmas) on Janet Reid's blog. It perfectly captures the angst of the aspiring writer with humor!
In the spirit of the holidays, I'm adding a few of my favorite gift ideas for writers to the blog mix…
- Scuba slate or AquaNotes waterproof paper for capturing those ideas in the shower
- Fingerless mittens to keep hands warm while typing
- Subscription to Writer's Digest
- Gift certificate to any bookstore
- Gift certificate to an office supply store
- Ear plugs
- Lap desk
Final note. For those who knew I'd entered, I did not place in the The Harlequin Presents Writing Competition 2009, but congratulations to those who did! My only hope for Counting on You now is if they ask for a partial based on the entry. Otherwise, I think that book is shelved.
Forward into romantic suspense. I just ordered several books about undercover DEA agents and the drug wars in Mexico/US. I'm hoping it will give me some valuable background for Floater and the series.
[No squirrel today. I have to get ready for a holiday party. Yikes!]