I turned 25 today…well, in my head. I may be a bit older than that, but really who cares, right?
Here are a few others who share my birthday:
- Daryl Hannah – We’re both blonde, but she’s about a foot taller and several million richer than me.
- Brendan Fraser – You know, the hottie who turned dorky after cavorting with mummies.
- Charles Pillsbury – Who doesn’t love a good crescent roll?
- Katarina Witt – We were both born in Germany, but she’s fluent in the language, and, alas, I can only muddle through it.
- Ozzy Osbourne – Neither of us is a vegetarian, though I’m not partial to doves or bats myself.
Memorable events on this day (besides my own birth, of course):
- 1818: Illinois became the 21st State in the Union – I’ve been there
- 1828: Andrew Jackson was elected President – Never met him
- 1965: The Beatles released the album “Rubber Soul” – The only song I recognized by title, besides “Michelle”, was “Drive My Car”, which wasn’t even on the American version of the album.
Happy birthday to all the December 3rd babies.
The Daily Squirrel: wish
Eight candles stuck out from the fluffy white frosting, already dripping wax from their flaming tops.
“Make a wish,” her mom encouraged, holding the camera up to her eye.
Daisy squeezed her eyes shut and pictured her heart’s desire vividly in her mind. Opening her eyes, she blew out the twelve candles in one breath of air. Poof! Everyone in the room disappeared and she was left alone with the palm tree-shaped cake. Daisy gasped, and then her mouth spread into a slow smile.
That was fast.