Nine days until we strike out for Virginia. Most of you know that I’m more than ready to leave Alabama, but I didn’t hate–or even dislike–it here. In fact there are several things I will miss.
So here’s my own list of the best things about my 10 months in Prattville (in random order):
- Very little traffic, even during “peak” hours.
- Little Caesar’s Hot-n-Ready $5 pepperoni pizza.
- New Air Force friends.
- A nice dog park nearby (but didn’t really need it due to fenced yard and lots of walks/jogs).
- Great new writer friends through the wonderful Southern Magic chapter of RWA in Birmingham, my blog, and Twitter.
- Beautiful monthly drive to Birmingham for chapter meetings.
- Eating alligator at a Cajun restaurant.
- Wonderful local swim team with enthusiastic, helpful coaches who helped my boys improve their technique.
- Two trips to the beach: Mobile/Biloxi and Destin.
- Meeting my awesome critique partner and writing friend, Christine. We had fun times at Panera and Barnes & Noble at the Summit in Birmingham.
- Plenty of green landscape. Love, love, love the trees. Even the kudzu is pretty, albeit destructive.
- No waiting at any restaurant on Saturday night during football season, even at the most popular establishments.
There’s always something to love about every place we go. I’m sure I missed a few things, but these stuck out for me. Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by a place you’ve lived?
[tweetmeme source=”Gwen_Hernandez” only_single=false]